Maternity reflexology is aimed specifically at women during pre-conception, pregnancy, labour, and the post-natal period. During pregnancy your body goes through significant physical changes which effect the emotional, hormonal, and physiological balance of your body.
Reflexology helps to bring about a natural state of relaxation, balance, and harmony in the body which in turn can reduce and alleviate many pregnancy symptoms.
Regular treatments can help you cope better with pregnancy and prepare yourself mentally and physically for labour
The Benefits of Pregnancy Reflexology include:
- Helping to reduce early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness, nausea,and fatigue.
- Alleviating physical symptoms like constipation, heartburn, and swollen feet. Promoting and aiding relaxation and helping to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Providing a safe space to talk about any fears or anxieties.
- Preparing the body for labour by balancing internal functions, especially the
- endocrine system which governs the labour process.
- Helping to alleviate muscle, back and leg pain.
- Boosting energy levels and restoring the body’s natural balance.
- Feeling supported and reassured throughout your pregnancy.
- Learning simple breathing exercises and affirmations.
- Feeling nurtured, both mentally and emotionally